Hertford Tween Fest
The town centre event for teens
Following the success of last years’ Hertford Play Day, Hertford Town Council is organising another FREE event within the town centre aimed at ‘tweenagers’.
The event is geared towards children between 8 and 12 years of age, however there is something for all the family to enjoy, including adults and younger children.
With a focus on ‘tweens’, this event includes sporting activities, DJ sets, competitions, science experiments, retailer discounts, activities and offers as well as free food tastings & arts and crafts.
Free Activities & Shows Include:
• DJ set at the White Hart Barn with glow sticks and party glasses
• Everyone Active Mini Olympics – fun games with a fitness twist for tweenagers, kids and parents to win prizes including 12 months free membership, 12 months free swimming lessons, family fun swims and much more.
• Lego master builders – build Lego animal competition
• Whizz Bang Science Show including interactive science experiments
• Make your own fruit kebabs at Hertford House
• Balloon modelling workshops
• Parent and child combat lessons
• Pizza tasting at Six Templars
• Ice cream tasting at IlVino Café
• Coding activities at Hertford Library
• Design your own t-shirt competition at Gingerlillies
• Food and drink samples as well as kids’ activities at Café Rouge
Low cost activities include; beauty glitter, hair platting and makeup tutorials at Love Locks Hair and Beauty, craft activities at Hertford Museum and Leaf Café and a Harry Potter quiz at the Old Barge.
Many retailers in the town will be offering discounts throughout the event, including 10% off milkshakes & smoothies at Serendipity, 20% off Maxin Porcaro children’s haircuts, 25% off meal deals at Costa, 10% off at Paul Martin.
See www.hertford.gov.uk/events or visit the Town and Tourist Information Centre for a programme, which includes many more activities and offers throughout the day.
Cllr Jane Sartin, Chairman of Hertford Town Council’s Development and Leisure Committee, said “The Tween Fest is a great new addition to Hertford Town Council’s programme of events in Hertford town centre. Alongside the activities organised by the Town Council, it’s good to have so many local businesses taking part in the day, ensuring that there will be things to do right across the town centre.”
Meet this great family run and owned since 1932 business, with stores in Hertford and Enfield.
Bigger and better Magpie Amore has re-opened the doors on 28th November at 6 St Andrew Street, Hertf…
Shop locally this Christmas and support the local independent and national retailers on your high st…