Tales From The Hart: Heritage Storywalk
Walk your way back in time this Heritage Weekend and discover local legends inspired by the gritty, gruesome history of Hertfordshire beginn more……
- Dates:from Saturday 19 September 20
- until Tuesday 22 September 20
- Times: 00:00 - 23:59
- Event Type: Ticketed event
Walk your way back in time this Heritage Weekend and discover local legends inspired by the gritty, gruesome history of Hertfordshire beginning at Hertford Castle. If you enjoy 'Horrible Histories', you will LOVE this!
Tickets £6- Adults, £3- Children aged 12 and under.
Saturday 19th September 2020 10-11:30am, 12-1:30pm, 2:30-4:00pm, 7:00-8:30pm*
Monday 21st September 2020 6-7:30pm
Tuesday 22nd September 2020 6-7:30pm
*Please be advised that our evening show on 19th is not suitable for children. Our evening shows on 21st and 22nd will be 2 extra family shows that everyone can enjoy. (Note- Depending on how many families vs adults book, we can turn the grittiness up a notch!)
In this immersive event, find out for yourself how... a fiddle player fares in the spooky underground tunnel of Anstey Castle; Walter Clibborn got the name 'murderous pie man'; a witchcraft trial in Hertfordshire became the last; a noble woman of Markyate becomes the mythical female-highwayman, "The Wicked Lady"; Hertford citizens fought back against the castle siege of 1216 and hear the horrific tale of a woman shown no mercy, that shocked the county in 1899 and changed neighbourhood policing forever.
More shows have been added and places are limited to 10 people per slot to enable social distancing. Our route and performance spaces have been adapted with the completion of an up-to-date Risk Assessment to make it safer for the audience and performers. More Covid-19 outdoor performance guidelines are available on our website and from the Hertford Tourist Information when you book.
Basic Guidance for the audience taken from our risk assessment (let me know if any of the bits involving TIC are problematic):
* Where possible, please book your tickets via email TIC@hertford.gov.uk or phone 01992 584 322 rather than face-to-face. With the latter, pay contactless if you can and wear a face covering in the building, unless you are exempt.
* Your name and contact details used for your booking will also be temporarily stored with Tourist Info for no longer than 21 days for NHS Test and Trace.
* If you or a member of your party feels unwell before the performance, PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND. Update the Tourist Information if possible so we know not to expect you. We regret that refunds will not be given should you or a member of your party fall ill and/or test positive for Coronavirus
* In the event of cancelled performances due to the performers contracting Coronavirus, you will be refunded.
* When you arrive at the meeting point, please display your booking confirmation/e-ticket on your smart device or show us a print-out hard copy.
* From when you arrive at the storywalk to when you leave the event, please keep 2m apart from the performers and other ticket holders outside of your social bubble. Where this is not possible, a 1m+ distance must be maintained at all times
* Adults are responsible for the safety and conduct of children and young people within their household/social bubble. Please ensure they maintain a 2m/1m+ distance from performers and other ticket holders outside of your household bubble.
* Ticket holders are asked to be mindful of the roads we may need to cross on our storywalk and ensure they are safe to cross before doing so.
* Hand sanitiser can be provided on our storywalk for those who need it.
* Ticket holders are welcome to wear a face covering during the performance if they wish, but as it's outdoors it is not compulsory.
* For everyone's safety, please do not touch the performer's props or costume they are wearing. There will be no audience handling of weapons or armour this year
* Unlike previous times, we regret that we cannot encourage 'walk-ups' paying cash before the show. Tickets must be pre-booked in advance, but this can be done at the Tourist Information (please wear a face covering and follow the indoor guidance) or by phone or email for the next slot.