The Hertford War Memorial located in Parliament Square.
The Hertford War Memorial is located in Parliament Square, Hertford. It takes the form of a sculptured bronze stag atop a portland stone plinth surrounded, on the ground, by name panels for those who died in World War 1 and World War 2. There are 365 names for World War 1 and 199 for World War 2. The memorial was originally unveiled by the Archdeacon of St Albans on 6th November 1921. The freehold for the site was bought by Sir Edward Ernest Pearson of Brickendonbury Knight for £2,650 and was given as a gift from him and his wife to Hertford Council in 1921. The architects were Mr Maurice Webb and Sir Aston Webb & Sons; the sculptor was Sir Edward Alfred Brisco Drury.